Monday, 8 September 2008

Animation Direction Workshop

So my Animation Direction Workshop at the NFTS is over and I made it through in one piece. I had a great time and learnt so much about storytelling and directing from my tutors, Caroline Leaf and Robert Bradbrook.

I’ve posted some stills from the animatic I designed over the week (a short 2min story about some children stuck in maths class and the crazy solution they come up with to get out of it permanently) and also a few quick sketches of some of the other people in my group; all of them were really amazing animators and artists from all over the world. We all screened our films at the end of the week and it was great to see all the different stories we came up with from the same starting point. Hopefully I will get to work with them again in the future.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice, just saw your post (late, I know) on the workshop. Could you tell me how long the workshop was, and the fee structure? Any more details that you can provide. Thank you in advance.

Richard Phelan said...

When I did the workshop it was for 1 week. I'm not sure what you mean about the fee structure (do you mean for the whole course or for application?). If you like you can email your questions and I can give you more details.
All the best.