Thursday, 13 November 2008

Something Old...

Not had chance to do much new work recently as the project I'm working on is coming up to it's final weeks.. Anyways, I thought I'd post one of my favourite early illustrations. I drew this Samurai when I was 14 (which feels like a while ago now). It was all made with pen and ink and the original is on A3 paper to give you an idea of how big it is. I remember it took a couple of weeks to do because I drew it in the evenings after school. It's one of my favourites because it was the first picture I made where I really tried to look at how the human figure is built and to really think about how to create shading with only one tone of colour. Anyways I hope you like it and maybe every now and then I will post a few more early drawings. Until next time...


1 comment:

Bianca Ansems said...

wtf you drew this at 14?
this depresses me...