Overall I think the project went really well. The finished animatic still needs a lot of work but I learnt a great deal about cinematic language and the importance of how different camera setups can strengthen the motivations and thoughts of a character or help to create a sense of space.
I also learnt a lot about building relationships between characters and how composition can help to show their underlying feelings and emphasise the type of people they are. This has helped me gain a better understanding that a character should be the one driving a story along and not the other way around. I'm looking forward to our next project so I can explore this further.
I've not had chance to do much drawing this week that wasn't storyboard related so instead here are a selection of all the different boards I've made. Next week we'll be training on CelAction animation software learning about digital cut-outs. After 4 weeks of non-stop storyboarding, getting immersed in a new software feels like a pleasant exercise..
From my Adaptation exercise