Monday, 24 August 2009

Dead Birds, Foxes & Sketching

I've been doing a bit of work with Vicky Mather, one of the 2nd year Animation Directors at school, on her graduation film OSCAR these past couple of days. I got to help out building a model house which looks fantastic and also go on location to help out with the shooting of some pixilation animation. I can't say anything about the story but the visuals are just magical to look at. The performances by the actors are so painstaking, watching them move frame-by-frame but the finished results are so graceful to see. I only had time to help out for a few days but hopefully the rest of the shoot went just as well.

On another note I've also been doing a bit of colour work for another of the 2nd year directors, Elena Pomares (check out her blog and also the blog two words, two illustrations and a coffee she works on with Toby Jackman for some of her great artwork). Her animation work is so cool! Again, I can't say what this film is about but it's all being animated using traditional 2D methods :)

And finally to my own work... I'm slowly making progress with my character animation project but due to the untimely demise of the PC I was working on I'm currently getting it all setup on another machine which is taking a little while but hopefully next week everything will be up and running again smoothly..

And with the little time left over at the end of the day there is always time for sketching!




No comments: